Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Cut Above

I managed to collect 8 $3 off Olay razor coupons for a good deal at Target yesterday. My daughters and I actually prefer these all-in-one razors, but they are normally too pricey for us. At $5.99 a pop after the $3 coupon applied, you might wonder why I would purchase eight of them. Target had the new Olay razors on sale for $8.99 in last week's ad, but what caught my attention was the fact that for each two I would purchase, I would net a $5 gift card. Now, things were getting interesting. I paid $11.98 for the first set of razors~ quite a pricey investment for a $5 gift card. However, the next set of razors rang in at $11.98, and I used that first $5 gift card to bring my total down to $6.98, and netted yet another $5 gift card, which, of course, I used to purchase another set of razors. I was able to do this as long as I had $3 coupons, which meant only four transactions, since I had eight $3 coupons. If I did my math correctly, I ended up paying $32.92 ($11.98 for the first transaction, $6.98 for the subsequent three) for eight packages of razors that come with an extra cartridge, but I have that extra $5 gift card to use next time I am in the store.  Still pricey razors when we can buy an entire pack of Bic razors for less than $4, but let's face it, when it comes to razors, you really do get what you pay for; when we use Bic, we feel like we are scraping our legs with a slab of cement, and these razors just glide over our skin. We don't have to use shaving cream with these, either.

2 comments:

  1. Were the $3 coupons from the P&G insert? I thought they said $3 off 1 refill and 1 razor, but did the cashier let you use them on 1 razor? My target lets me use the coupons if they scan. Let me know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete