Monday, June 18, 2012

Savings Without Coupons

"Always check the clearance aisle," is the sound advice I give attendees at my couponing workshops. And THIS is why:

When I stopped at Wal-Mart this morning I saw a woman marking items from the $5 clearance section and putting them in the $1 section;leather cases for ipods, 6-packs of women's black socks, 6-packs of underpants...I started filling my cart. When the woman saw what I was doing, she asked if I was interested in the small bottles of perfume that normally retail for $6 (yep~think Christmas stocking stuffers), the Uni-Ball pens that sell for $6 (yep again), and the Phillips head phones with the $19.99 price tags (are you kidding me? of course!). Then there were the 3-packs of cute Carter shirts and pants, bags of seashells, Tulip fabric paints, wires for beading and jewelry-making, boxes of HP photo paper, and some tools that are going into my boy's stockings, even though I'm not sure what they are, but man, oh man, they were originally $16! There were even $16 toy sets that will go to my grandson Jacob to donate to the University of Iowa pediatric unit. A lot of these items will be put away for Christmas, some will be used right away and several will be sold at my sister's consignment store. These items retail for approximately $800 and cost me $82, an amazing 90% savings, and without coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment