Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bag Sale!!!


As if I don't have enough "stuff" to find places for in my home, I attended my sister's consignment store "bag sale" on Monday.  Now, I have been on both sides of the counter for these twice-a-year sales when everything in the store is on sale for $5 a bag, and I can't really tell you which side of the counter I prefer.
 
Okay, I'm lying. I like buying best.

But observing the sale-crazed ladies grabbing things throughout the store and rushing to the counter comes in a close second.

On Monday, however, I was one of the crazed. Funny thing~ when everything is $5 a bag, I suddenly find things to purchase that I wouldn't otherwise; Like two laundry baskets full of books.  No one but me rushes to the books. The rest of the shoppers were grabbing clothing from the racks so fast you would have thought their entire family waited for them at home, completely naked. Books are an afterthought for most of the shoppers, and by then, I've ransacked the shelves of anything even resembling good reading. After the books, I head to the housewares section, where candle holders and vintage linens await. Oh yes, and a flower pot, vase, pink shower curtain I am certain will work as a curtain in my daughter's bedroom where three walls are white and one is pink and a black curtain needs to be replaced. Gotta love my quirky sense of decorating. And a Zingo game, which is Bingo with a zing. I couldn't resist the Bob's boxes tissue holder and the oriental rug I will offer one of my daughters later.  And a new bathroom towel rod which isn't pictured. Surely one of my children (or me!) will find the perfect place for such a lovely towel bar.


By the time I got to the clothes racks, the selection was picked over, but I still managed to find a few tops for my teen daughters.

If you like good deals and you haven't participated in a "bag sale" check your local consignment stores to see if they have one. This is the time of the year when most stores are putting out their school clothing and want to clear out the summer stock. If you are really lucky, they'll be including some of their housewares, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment